Modeling an Precision Elliptical Flat Mirrors

Okay,

I'm certain it's because I'm a buffoon, but I have no idea how to model the mirror shown in Figure B here

Scroll all the way down.

Any suggestions?

TIA =========================================================================== Chris

Reply to
Chris Dubea

There looks to be some missing info, such as what the edges do around the sides, but here's one take on it:

2006 format

I just extruded an ellipse along an angled line, and then cut away part of the outside. The cut creates a funny edge, but it fits the info given.

Reply to
matt

extrude a cylinder, dia = minor axis cut disc from side of cylinder. (hint 45 deg)

i can't post , so i sent you a sample.

hth kb

Reply to
kenneth

As Ken mentioned, I believe this is how it is modeled? (it's been a while since I worked with optics)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

that's it.

it's preferable to have origin on surface to make it easy to calculate focal distances.

Reply to
kenneth

Great,

Thanks guys!

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Oooo... as a reminder, when drawing mirrors/lenses watch your units!

Reply to
Brian