Move Copy vs Surface offset

Is it the same under lying math involved??? meaning that if I do a surface offset of 0" is that they exact same thing as if I I did a move/copy of

0"???

TIA

Reply to
Arthur Y-S

I think in this case the math is pretty much skipped being that the dimension is zero, since in either instance it would create an exact copy in the same location. If you ad a value other than zero the math is very much different an offset would change any radius and a move/copy would not.

Regards, Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

On some systems there might be a parent-child relationship with an offset surface I suspect. Modify the original and the offset surface changes too ... it's possible . Don't know about SW.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich