Offset surface

I am trying to reproduce the red shoe (see the link)

I have completed the shoe body but don't know how to go about reproducing the white pattern on the irregular surface.

Remember the pattern goes all around the shoe.

Can anyone help?

Reply to
voodoochile

If what you are trying to do is offset or thicken the pattern (white surface) onto the red surface, you need to copy the surface it lays on (the outer red surface using offset "0") and trim away that copied surface using a 2D profile, as shown on their tut), then thicken that new trimmed surface.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

So when you say 'offset' and 'trim 2D surface' commands , where do I find these?

Reply to
voodoochile

..look at the help file on surface offset and trim.

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I have looked at the file.

I have offset the surfaces but how do I draw on the surfaces to trim them?

Reply to
voodoochile

That tut does not show drawing on the surfaces to trim them. Look at the tut again, he has a 2D sketch which is then, using their tool, projects onto the surfaces or splits the surfaces. What I suggested to you bypasses that step. because, you have to copy the surfaces later to thicken and you preserve the original surface. So, lets do it their way..if you want to do it their way?... Using the 2D sketch, split the surfaces (what you think is sketching on the surfaces?) Then offset (copy) the faces "0" which represent the white surface boundary. Then thicken that copied surface.

Otherwise, take a class in SW surfacing?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador