multi-body parts, cannot attach balloon

so much for using mutli-body parts in an assy. to my chagrin, these type of parts cannot have a balloon attached to them, that suks.

Reply to
kenneth b

I don't remember doing this in 2004, but I know for a fact that I have done this many times in 2003, sp4. Specifically it was a Progressive hot sprue bushing I had downloaded from their site. The parasolids import came in as an assembly ; I saved it as a multi-body part and had no problem hanging a balloon on it.

Are you using 2004? If so, they may have broken it.

Good luck, Ken.

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

keep forgetting that info, '03 sp5.1 (primary) & '04 sp0 (experimental), no workie ... :(

Reply to
kenneth b

I had this problem with a weldment created in one of the earlier 2004 SPs - I could not attach the balloon to a mirrored body, only to the original body, but I haven't noticed the problem lately. SW2004 SP2.1

Merry :)

Reply to
Merry Owen

What if you made separate configs for each body, then in your assy, change the config for each part. Would that work?

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

uh, well, '04 sp0 at home is working. not sure why it doesn't at office.

Reply to
kenneth b