Need 3D Literate Intellectual Property Lawyer in So Cal

A piece of software I wrote in 1996-1997 has popped up repeatedly on the web since then.

In many cases I saved the shortcut from the website I suspected of pirating the software, and didn't worry about it.

When I was at a bank in Vancouver recently I saw a computer monitor in a bank that had the same piece of software. Embedded in the product of a large major software firm. Without my permission, attribution, or compensation.

Now, I have some investigation to do, to determine if it was the major bank that embedded the image/ software, or the major software company.

I am looking for an intellectual property lawyer who is 3D literate, or appropriate for a case that requires 3D literacy, i.e. knowledge of 3D modelling and related software, such as the VRML language and its derivatives.

Thanks.

Reply to
wwswimming

Where are you? I'm sure if you dig around Silicon Valley you can find someone easily enough, thoughb they are probably all on corporate payrolls.

Vancouver WA or Vancouver BC? International stuff could get tricky.

Maybe you don't need to worry too much about the techno-literacy. Find a good copyright lawyer and go from there. At least he may be able to give a good referral.

Reply to
That70sTick

In a good legal library, you will also find a number of magazines directed at the Intellectual Property arena and there are not only discussions of such issues in there over time, but there are advertising you might want to look at. I see some of them on the waiting area table each time I go to my patent attorney.

It is a fertile ground for lawyers.

I have used quite a few in the last 30 years, and I can state unequivocally, that for me with a limited budget, that the large firms were a total waste (like with numbers approaching a 7 figures spent).

The best lawyers, bar none, were the individual lawyers who ran their own practice, and were committed to trying to resolve a client's problems as opposed to the "Latham & Watkins" type crowd who just want to feed hourly fees to their underlings to support the Rosewood walls in the "conference room" (yes I am angrily facetious). I've been there done that and will NEVER return.

Bo

Reply to
Bo

Log on to the Martindale Hubbel web site and search it. I think there is a findlaw liink.

if I am not mistaken.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll