New Boundary Feature Video

Is posted at the SolidWorks site on the CPD industry solutions page:

Regards

Mark

Reply to
mbiasotti

Thanks Mark,

Informative video, can't wait for SP3 or SP4 of SolidWorks 2007 so I can use it in production.

John Layne

John Layne

Mark

Wow great tutorial! I am stoked to give this a go. Is there any other files like this at SW that you can lead us to?

Ben

Ben Eadie

Thanks, Mark. Can you post the model to share? I am curious about how 'boundary' handles the 'wiggles'. With loft we would have expected to see some wiggles between the end sketch (the complex sketch made of three splines) and the root (the connection to the bowl of the spoon) through that 3 point arc you created in between. I would love to see how boundary differs from loft in this region when making the handle. Thanks in advance, Ed

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

I just posted an article/link on my blog for this video. For those interested in getting the model used in the demo there is a link in the post to download it.

Best Regards,

Ricky Jordan CSWP President NASWUG

snipped-for-privacy@solidworks.com wrote:

Ricky Jordan

Interesting, editing your file, or editing someones boundary feature for the first time, it was a new experience. A obvious problem was your tangency (I had assumed Sketch3 was tangent before I started playing with it) on the first boundary surface. So, Sketch3 is not centered/tangent to Sketch1/Right plane. (evident when applying a tangency condition and showing the zebra strips, shown below)

BTW, when editing this (using sp2.1) my zebra strips stayed on?... that is, when in the boundary edit mode the zebra's turn on, well, they did not turn off after the edit??) And/Also, the zebra scroll bar graphics is weird looking don't you think??

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador