Embedded viewer

Hi all,
I understand it is possible to e-mail a SolidWorks file with an embedded
viewer so that it can be opened for read only on a computer that does not
have SolidWorks loaded. Does anyone know if this is a fact and if so how is
it done? I realise the file could also be e-mailed as an eDrawing and
perhaps this can have a viewer attached as well. Can anyone help here?
Running SolidWorks 2005 SP3.0
Thanks .. Roger
Reply to
Alphadraw
Save edrawing as an .exe -- this may only be available in Pro version, someone may correct me on this.
There is also a SolidWorks Viewer
John Layne
Reply to
John Layne
It is available in the non-pro version of eDrawings. The only drawback I've seen is that the self-contained eDrawings seem to use software OpenGL only. So, if the models is complex, you may want to recommend that the recipient install the eDrawings viewer.
Reply to
Dale Dunn
Tools -> Options -> General, and check the next to the last checkbox named "Save eDrawings data in SolidWorks document". It will make your files larger -- I presume significantly, but I don't know by how much -- and it will make them viewable with the free version of eDrawings Viewer.
Mark 'Sporky' Stapleton Watermark Design, LLC
Sporkman