OT: HP DesignJet 700

I have been happy with this plotter for almost 10 years and still am. I am moving my office to smaller space and wonder if anybody with experience with this unit can answer a question for me. I have a stand that this is mounted on. Is it possible to use this as a table-mount set up instead?

Any input on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks. (then I'll need to figure out what to do about my drafting table-maybe a museum would want it?)

jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

John, I have an HP 650cPS, and ran out of space a long time ago. I wound up fabbing two brackets that mounted in the left and right column positions with an upward strap to hold a block that let me hoist the plotter up to the ceiling when I was not using it using dinghy block and tackle gear with 1/4" lines and it worked fine.

Must admit I don't use the 650c much anymore, though it works fine and I never used it heavily. The days of extensive paper prints for me has mostly passed, because I don't do mold designs anymore. That is someone else's issue.

Bo

Reply to
Bo