OT- Software reliability survey

This is a simple survey. Just answer one question:

  1. Y/N ( ) I would prefer to use an operating system with 1 bug in
5885 lines of code to one that had 1 bug in 40 lines of code.
Reply to
P.

at first bob z. would answer with a 'Y'...

but the more bob z. thinks about it, the more confused he is. 1 bug in

40 lines of code is easier to find and probably easier to fix. 40 lines of code is less than 5885 lines. right? now if both programs did the exact same thing, the 40 liner will be more efficient and run faster. hmmm... decisions, decisons. :~)

bob z.

Reply to
bob zee

I was thinking along the same lines could we have an option of neither. Is it the same bug in both or is one much more crippling than the other.

Decisions, decisions. It is just like an election how do you choose from the lesser of 2 evils.

Corey

Reply to
CS

Y/N ( S ) S=severity???? It would all depend on the severity of the bug.

Reply to
That70sTick

Methinks BZ has begun New Years transfusion a bit early.

Reply to
P.

That I can't tell you other than to say that I use both software and the bugs with the greater severity seem to go with the 20-30 per thousand lines of code software.