Paul, I feel your SW pain.....

I rarely design complex shapes, however, I currently have a couple of parts that require a complex surface loft. Being on SP0, installed SP2 yesterday assuming they had fixed a lot of bugs. Now, my few complex lofts look like crap and have split lines when they were perfect before. So, I'm back on SP0 again until further notice. I know a lot of people treat SolidWorks almost as a religion (me included at one time) however, I am truely a non-believer now. These inconsistantcies are almost scary sometimes! In fact, that's what they should rename the software to...... ScaryWorks... I'm scared evertime I upgrade or change service packs... err Scary Packs! Anyways, Paul, I feel sorry for you because it seems you deal with complex shapes in all your designs. What are the chances of changing the publics eye into thinking that boxy and square stuff is sexy again? Yea, I didn't think so.

I think I'll skip Scary Pack 2.1 and maybe try again with Scary Pack 3

Reply to
dvanzile

Thanks, man.

It is scary sometimes and most recently for sp1, now sp2, I had to confirm if the model I created in SW2003 sp5 would resolve. Sadly both fail in sp1 and sp2. Now.. with some time and effort, I can fix them but why should I or the users have too? We are only talking 2-3 months difference between these releases!

It's totally unacceptable.

..

dvanzile wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Paul, Need a hug? I'm passing them out.

Seriously, if I had one wish to grant it would be that all of your SolidWorks problems would be resolved. Maybe this is the year you will agree to help them help you? If you can fix the errors that crop up between releases, surely you have an understanding about why this might be happening.

I'm not trying to rile you, I'm trying to understand.

Richard "Buddy" Doyle

Reply to
Richard Doyle

Paul,

Yea,.. they just can't seem to get it right. It would be excusable if this were new, ground breaking technology, but it's not.

Libraries of rock solid C++ NURBS source has been available for many many years. Some of them are even free!! Why SW thinks they have to re-invent the wheel, for this very common technology, is beyond me.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

Hey Mark,

Totally agree. But I'd luv to hear the excuses they have!?

Someone is stroking the oscar meyer winnie for job security!

..

MM wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Hey Richard,

You know, I'm in a pretty mellow mood right now (skied hard for 3 hrs, listening to jazz.) and for most people who know me, that's actually normal. Sp releases like this though, don't help anyone or SW Corp.

I appreciate your support and in general, for everyone, especially for the beginning of the year, most of us want the best for all.

Most of us have to agree, there is something consistently wrong with SW Corp?

Come on now, most of use use these tools for consistent, repeatable and reliable operation, no!?

At this point in time, the loft inconsistencies are beyond unacceptable.

All the best, Richard. (I know you mean well)

.. 8^)

Richard Doyle wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Welp, SolidWorks has always been focused on listening to the users. For some reason I think they choose what they want to hear.

I think someone is stroking the oscar meyer winnie instead of doing their job!

Reply to
Jeff N

It's confirmed,.. something is getting stroked.

Just wonder,.. if the guy or guys who write the algorithms read this ng??

Whoever you are, great inconsistent work!!??

..

Jeff N wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador