PDMWorks question

How are people managing files in PDMW when a file is in process?

For example a part is being designed, drawings created, assemblies made and over a number of days\weeks the files are checked in checked out of the vault a number of times. At each point the rev level wants to increment or ,as we have, you have 'working copy' checked so you can keep it at A+ but when the drawings are finally released you want them to be at A, and you want the custom rev property to be at A as well, but of course you cannot back rev unless you check out all the drawings delete them from the vault change the rev property to A and check them all back in again. This seems kind of a kludge though.

So again to make a long story short, how can I maintain a drawing Rev level at A through multiple check in check out cycles?

Steve R

Reply to
Steve Reinisch

we use a list (sequential option checked) primary; --, X1, X2, X3 ... secondary; -, A, B, C ...

new docs go in at -- (depending on circumstance) oem docs go in at -

In your case, you could use --+, X1+ or -+.

Reply to
kenneth