photo works render using no lights

maybe one of the tech guys who uses pw2 can answer this

recently whilsti was playing around i saw one or two ok rendered images using Global illum i was abit shocked at the quality having that i had last year ditched pw as arenderer preferring toexport to alias maya to render out images and animation so i tried a few experiments which seem to work but maybe im missing something which is giving me a false result

instead of using gi solutions in pw2 i mapped an hdri image to a plane hdri images support generating light or false light but on a constant basis rather than having to light a scene the result i got after turning all the lights off in the scene were semi ok a bit dark and grainy, first point is that there is no exposure control in pw2 to increase the lighting levelwhichwill leave my images darkbut but on the whole it seems that the image plane is generating a gi solution

my question being that when they ported bits of mental ray across did they leave the support for hdri image in as a GI generator or is there something else lighting the scene

by the way ill post the images as soon as i figure out how to get them up onto a server

Reply to
mikemcdermid

I tried reading that post, but I guess in the days of the quick internet we don't need periods or capitalization.

It was way to much work to try and get through it.

Reply to
Devin

I also gave up - if it's not worth the person's effort to try to write properly, it's not worth my time to try to figure it out. If this person is someone that barely knows English as a second language, my apologies. But, what I could read didn't have those earmarks.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Just think of a college sorority girl while reading it. Then it all makes sence

Mike, are you looking for gama correction?

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

PW2 does not support HDRI. Not yet anyway.

A material set to constant will act as a light source and depending on which service pak you have for 2004 the background color will affect the GI even if it's not set to reflective.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

Ah, come on, guys, didn't you ever read any of the Archie and Mehitabel stories?

Jerry Steiger

Apparently not as I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

who? what?

The only Archies I know are Bunker and Veronica's boyfriend.

Reply to
Devin

Ok, I found it.

reference was to no punctuation or capital letters. No, I had never been here before.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

sorry guys

its a problem that ive had with this laptop for a while

the bottom half of the keyboard is bust or faulty which makes some of the

shift space and correction facilities time consuming to use or sometimes not

work at all

if i right sentence by sentence it might make it simpler to read

apologies to all

Reply to
mikemcdermid

Sadly, you are not alone. See the web page Wayne found (I spelled Archy wrong) and cure this terrible cultural deprivation that you labor under. Just because something was written in the early twentieth century doesn't mean it is old and out of date!

Jerry Steiger