photoworks problem

Often, when I open an image of a render (rendered with a white background) in Photoshop to crop it I notice that the image has an area of white, then an area that appears transparent (showing the checkered Photoshop background layer). Why is this? I need to do something about this as it causes odd looking markings and image quality problems.

Reply to
will

If you save your image as a .png file the background will be totally transparent when you open it in PhotoShop and there will be no cropping required.

will wrote:

Reply to
Rock Guy

I sitll get residuals in my background even if I save as .png but they are hardly noticeable.

Also rendering in .png stinks because it does not render the same as on screen or as jpeg. There is a SPR associated with this.

KMaren

Rob is right though. If you can get the .png to render out to your satisfaction then that is your best bet. Or render jpeg to a bright green back ground. Something that will be easy to clean out using Photoshop.

Rock Guy wrote:

Reply to
ken.maren

I've noticed this seems to be application specific. I can open a png file in Microsoft picture viewer, photoshop and corel and the image looks different in all three. When I open in Corel the image is very close to what I see on my rendering screen. .

Reply to
Rock Guy

.png does weird stuff. I'm just saving as .jpg as it doesnt involve layers and I get less background problems.

Reply to
will

Reply to
ken.maren

If you have your background set to "None" the pixels that reveal the background will not render. I have als had this happen with transparent shaders. It is a very useful effect. I only notice it with tiffs, but it is good to know that pngs use transparencies as well

Reply to
parel