Quit your surface whining!

Great, a writer of some rag getting information from a freaking troll!?

Ahm,.. clue for the writer, the guy does not use the product or any design tool for that matter.

What he typically does (for the past ~6 years) is copy/paste articles and then acts as if he is in the know about those tools. He also drops names of people in the business to build another facade of being in connection with the industry.

So, writer, why would he do such a thing??? For shame, getting footnote information to build credibility... using buzz words to attract interest.... writing about stuff you know nothing about.... makes one think.....

Hmm, yeah... makes one think... but then again, why are you on a deadline getting information from a troll??

Sad reality is, in many ways, this guy and you are very similar, no? What mold did you guys get injected out of??

How much do you all want to bet that this writer or other will someday quote the troll about continuous tangent continuity in some rag??

Ask him writer,... Where does this info come from? "I copied/pasted truthful rag info" What is his position? "Ahm,.. well, I'm a troll, I regurgitate stuff" How do I know it is true? "The articles said so, I copy/paste them" What will happen to Parasolid..? "It will go to kernel husk heaven"

..the insanity and BS continues......

(sorry, my coffee is not kicking in yet)

Claes Philips>

Paul Salvador

Oh, if this is you, Claes, the troll you might feed and get info from is an american who loves to copy/paste press releases...

Re: Press Releases "I don't understand why so many American companies don't understand the difference between a press release and advertising material. In our country, such excessive superlatives are usually counterproductive since it hides the real news behind a curtain of advertisement statements. If companies would understand that, our job [as CAD journalists] would be considerably easier."

- Claes Philipson Sweden

..

Claes Philips>

Paul Salvador

"1. Where does this info come from?"

Applying common sense... which is often not in evidence on usenet would be a good start. :>)

This tread "Quit your surface whining!" is an excellent example.

"2. What's your position?"

Right now I'm sitting down. I spent most of today on my feet. ;>)

"3. How do I know it is true?"

The same way others found out that I was correct because I stated for years in this newsgroup that support for disjoint solids was necessary and that SolidWorks would implement them. SolidWorks Corp. actually had been working on redoing their database in SolidWorks for years prior. Disjoint solids was just not a priority for SolidWorks Corp. management. It was for the software engineers who code SolidWorks, however.

"4. What will happen to Parasolid in Solid Works?"

It will no longer be the main modeling kernel in SolidWorks.

My turn to ask you questions: :>)

  1. Name a Parasolid based system that has anything close to a unified, seamless approach to using surfaces and solids besides Unigraphics ? Why is this ?

  1. When you talk with developers what do they have to say about why they elect to go with ACIS rather than Parasolid ?

You have made the effort to talk with ACIS developers who have a long track record of producing innovative products like FastSOLID / FastSURF (Dave Reyburn) Ashlar Cobalt, and now Concepts (Tim Olson), Cimatron, etc. right ?

What do they tell you ? ;>)

  1. What does Parasolid lack that ACIS has got that makes it much easier to create a seamless, unified, hybrid modeler ?

  1. Why did Autodesk choose to base much of their future on further development of the ACIS kernel and elect to go this route ? Why was Parsolid never even considered ?

jon

incorporate it

sophisticated

Reply to
jon banquer

Since exactly when would ANY system use multiple kernels for it's part database topology structure?

This will be good, I promise .

A)

And UG works does it? Ever actually see it?

$$$ ? What's a kernel? Do YOU know? Nope, nary clue one. Just buzzword # 2107 ...

Names from ads & press releases. AFAIK They will not answer his calls or his Email .

Rather snoopy today, are you not? Would you understand the words?

B)

You tell us, oh great self-proclaimed diety of CAD/CAM.

How would you know if it was or was not?

Now consider A & B ..... UG is great and uses ParaSolid but ParaSolid is the problem ....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Oh, goodie. Reconstruction time. Always amusing

(I snipped out the usual clueless stuff copied from ads & press releases.)

Is that about right? LOL

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

I thought Claes would step in to clarify things but I just wanted to pass along something since he hasn't. I had some of the same concerns as Paul about someone assuming that the information source was worthwhile. Clae's inquiry in the NG was just one step in his validification process. He just hadn't yet completed his due diligence when he made that post. Anyway, he told me that he had checked out the source and got a snoot full of the Jon and Cliffy show. Needless to say, he recognizes them for what they are and does not plan to include anything from them in his article.

JJ

sophisticated

Reply to
JJ

JJ, I posted nothing for any such inclusion so don't blame me . I post *warnings* about clueless jb ..... LOL ....

Reply to
Cliff Huprich