Creating web images

I'm working on creating a web site using FrontPage. I just started learning how.

I was wondering how people go about creating SW images for use on web pages. I have been experimenting a little saving jpg images from assembly's, but the quality is poor. I'm really not thrilled with the idea of using Photoworks to create images because it seems like a slow pain in the butt to get anything decent out of it. Especially the 2004 photoworks. I just want fast simple clean images to post.

Thanks

Jay

Reply to
Jay

The quality can't be better than what you see on your SolidWorks window. SolidWorks "SaveAs" *.jpg uses a built-in compression factor that visibly degrades the quality to obtain smaller files. I prefer to use an external screen capture & graphics software such as PaintShopPro from

(there are many others, some free) that lets you save in many formats (my favorite now is *.png) while controlling the compression/quality tradeoff. This will also let you capture models with things selected or highlighted, or include the feature manager...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

For a decent image you can set up views, create a drawing and then use save as TIFF, and control the resolution etc from there. Following this you can use photoshop or whatever to compress to JPG for the web. You can also do some fun things line save as 2D linework, and also shaded view in the same view, overlay these and then blend between them, for example.

let us see the results when you have them!

Lee

Reply to
Lee Bazalgette

Thanks much guy's!

I did experiment a bit with trying to use drawings to create higher quality jpg images. The problem I ran into was the real view textured graphics don't come through like they do in the assembly.

I kind of like using the new textured graphics feature as a way to getting things to look nice without taking a lot of time. I've never been able to get anything decent out of PhotoWorks without it sucking up half the day trying.

I'll post a link when I get something decent put together.

Jay

Reply to
Jay

The best output I've seen is to capture the screen at high resolution and paste into Word. You might try that to see if it's better for you.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I use print screen, then paste it in Paint shop Pro and crop out the graphics area. If I need to scale I scale it there. Then save it to a special folder and insert it into my webpage.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Why use pictures? SolidWorks is a 3D CAD program, post those parts/assemblies in 3D using the Instant Website creater (eDrawings are the most hassle-free). All the viewer has to do is download the viewer plug-in the first time they visit your site. After that they can see your files in 3D (rotate + zoom).

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yea, I'm planning on doing some of that stuff too. Some things I'll just want pictures, so I have control over what is being viewed. Might not want to disclose all of the 3D/ internals of some of my customer's products depending on how they feel about it.

Jay

Reply to
Jay