Re: 12,000 Hits!

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 00:55:48 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
"I tracked it down to the fact that this blog has had a half a million
hits since my last repair in April 08. Im not a very good web admin type. I have an addin that counts hits, and records them in a database. That database had data on each of those 500,000 hits. Thats a lot of useless data to drag around. It was like 27 MB of data in a database. So I got another counter. One that wont bog down my blog. Actually, the count is about 430,000 right now, but at the rate of about 5,000 hits per day, its only going to take a couple of weeks to get to the actual 500,000 number."
- Matt Lombard - real SolidWorks EXPERT -
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

One thing with counters is that you have to exclude counting your own accesses.
The BarnRubble Blob is the most read CAM-centric blob on the web.
http://namaravancerb.wordpress.com /
The Jon Banquer Blog is the most CAM-Clueless blog on the web and just getting started!
Jon Banquer Chula Vista, CA
jonie.....You forgot to BUMP this one to the top.......just thought I'd help ya out.
You're welcome Barn