Re: Creating Part to attach to Edison base?

I am creating a plastic base that is to be injection molded and will hold an

>LED board, etc. I am looking for methods of attaching the plastic base to an >Edison base because it will screw in the same way a light bulb does. I am >not looking to use threads because I do not want to incorporate slides into >the mold. I am wondering if there are other methods and what the design of >the bottom of the plastic base should look like. If this is not clear please >ask questions. > >Thank you, >Mike Grant

You don't necessarily need slides to make a thread, if you can't put the part line so it splits the thread you may be able to unscrew the part from the mold.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Mike,

It seems like the best way to load into a standard light bulb holder would be to screw it in. Can the bottom of your part have large holes in it? If so, you could generate partial threads with shut-offs. You could try snaps using the same approach, but the threads on a light bulb are pretty shallow, so I don't think snaps would work very well. They would also have the problem of snapping in on intermediate threads.

Jerry Steiger