Re: Inserting Model Items

I have a second question: Is there any way to "break" the leader from a

> radial dimension so that I'm not using so much real estate or such a large > sheet size? See attached pic.

Right click the dim; click properties and pick "foreshortened radii"...

Reply to
IYM

Thanks mate! You're a life saver.

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity

What happened to the rest of my post? Was it the size?

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity

Probably an attachment. Binaries aren't allowed. Some suppliers allow them anyway, perhaps some strip them out, and some kill the message. I never saw your original. Jerry Steiger Tripod Data Systems "take the garbage out, dear"

Reply to
Jerry Steiger

Here's the rest:

While I certainly wouldn't want to manually dimension my drawings, I really hate the way a lot of the dimensions come in with the extension lines snapped to the other end of an edge/line. Having to move the end points so that the gap set in Options is there is a real time consumer. Besides, not having a gap looks like crap! Any suggestions or handy, dandy tricks? I realize dim placement in one's model helps.

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity

All I can say, is I hate it too. I haven't figured out any workarounds.

Jerry Steiger

Yeah it seems like SolidWorks could be a little more intuitive about this when it places dimensions in a particular view.

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity

I haven't investigated this feature yet, so this is only a comment. Have you looked into Annotation Views? Might be something there.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I haven't yet but I will now. Thanks Wayne.

Mike

Reply to
RayDOsity