Re: Learn How To Market Your CADCAM Product Properly Or Lose Money... Lots Of Money

> How do you correct this situation? > > See the most successful CAM-centric blog on the Internet for what I've > suggested. > > For advise on using cheap Chinese Kurt knock off vises read > alt.machines.cnc > > Jon Banquer > San Diego, CA

A CAM company that specializes in mold making software has revenues that are off by 20% during a global economic downturn, and the middle aged nomadic sociopath with literally nothing to his name, and not even the slightest understanding of business and finance, is giving them advice on why their sales have dipped.

Brilliant!

Reply to
Joe788

How does Cimatrons compare to other CAM systems financials? \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
milgil

Iv'e used cheap kurt vice knockoffs? What's the problem? I'd rather use a kurt, but it's not like they don't work if you know a little more about vices than that they squeeze things? It must suck to have to be padded in top of the line tooling just to mill a block in a vice? Everytime you post...it becomes more and more obvious you never even squared up a block.

That's a good test... Tell me harig boi, how do you square up a block of steel in a kurt vice. Post the best way, or even a good way and I'll leave you alone. Lets say it's the size of a 1-2-3 block, and you have a vice, a file, a set of parallells, a rubber hammer, and any cutter you wish to use. I know this is a test for an apprentice, that's why I gotta hear the steps you take.

****enter steps to square a block below harig boi****
Reply to
vinny

Cimatron has already gone bankrupt once. Cimatron's financials compare poorly to Delcam who is still making money in an economic down turn. According to Christian Briscoe, who is Featurecam's leading salesperson and who has been with EGS and now Delcam for over 12 years, he generated as many leads at this years Westec as last year.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

***** WTF are you, a salesman? Jeese.
Reply to
vinny
****

Every good machinist knows how to sell their skills. You still haven't learned this skill yet because by your own admission you're in second grade. The reality is you need to repeat first grade.

Who do I work for? Who have you ever worked for that compares?

******** Massey tool and mold, once the 5th largest mold shop in the country. They processed many things like the damn squirt bottle, the bic lighter, the bic pen, etc... They held the patent on the swaging machine for 40 years. Security plastics, a fortune 500 company with plants all over the world. main customers were motorolla, nypro, ibm, etc... And now the largest custom mold shop in west central florida. None of course make wireless internet crap.

Iv'e worked for paradyne, they invented the modem. Iv'e worked for honeywell, they made parts for the space shuttle.

All within 15 miles from my house. Funny how I didn't have to move out of state like you did for a job.

****

Dumb and stupid is no way to go through life, son but at least you have good company in alt.machines.cnc

**** I do actually. the info iv'e gotten from this newsgroup has been pretty advanced for the most part. Most in here are pretty humble and very experienced. Of course present company not included. Youv'e done nothing but bullshit like a professional foreman. Funny how a foreman with no skills talks crap all the time just like you. I don't repect those kinds of people whatsoever. (hint hint) *********

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
vinny

Your lack of experience is showing, again. Have you ever actually been to an auction?

Reply to
Joe788

HA! Only in Banquerland is a legitimate corporate earnings report equal to a salesman at a tradeshow saying, "Oh yeah, we're doing great."

Banquerland must be a really fun place. I'm sure the Haas salesman told you they were doing great too.

Reply to
Joe788

Well, not many companies out there have ever lost $1,000,000,000 in patent infringement lawsuits, so I'm guessing he hasn't worked for a company that compares.

You have to be pretty crooked to lose that kind of money, which is why you obviously fit right in.

Reply to
Joe788

shhh, I swept the floor there when I went to voc tec, dont tell. lol

Reply to
vinny

te:

Haas almost did. Hurco sued the shit out of em & won. It was almost Hurco-Haas

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
milgil

Haas was never in danger of being owned by Hurco but they did pay a hefty price for the fight. Haas just took it further than anyone else. Haas initially won the case but lost when Hurco Appealed to higher court.

Nearly every MTB fought the Hurco patent;

[ Oct. 2, 1998 Judge Brinkema grants a second Haas motion for summary judgment, on grounds that the Haas control does not infringe the patent, thereby dismissing the case. The judge narrowly interprets the Patent's description of a data block to be the sequence used by Hurco and narrowly construes the method of data storage to be a tape cassette. Gene Haas is jubilant, some in the industry describe him as a "folk hero." Ruling does not hold Patent to be invalid, nor does it hold Patent to be unenforceable. Attorneys for Hurco/IMS launch appeal to federal circuit court in Washington.

Mar. 28, 2000 Haas? legal victory is overturned. U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit disagrees with trial judge and instead interprets Patent more broadly, to include Haas style of controls. Case is remanded to lower court for jury trial. ]

-- Tom

brewertr

rote:

I think you missed a bunch of the zeroes in the number I posted above.

At the time Haas and Hurco *combined* wouldn't even be worth $900,000,000, let alone be forced to pay a patent infringement settlement of that value. $8.9 million is a little bit different than $900 million.

Reply to
Joe788