Re: Looking for Ball Gear

Try

?
--
> Cliff
Reply to
yozotrinity
Appreciate your taking time to consider and respond to my posting. What I am familiar with as a "Ball Gear" is a gear blank that resembles a sphere instead of a flat disk. The teeth are cut on the outside diameter and the pitch line follows the shperical shape. The only experienced I have for these types of gears is in a u-joint type application. Hope this helps. Thanks, K.
Reply to
Kay
You may be interested in one of two items:
Rzeppa Joint or Gear Coupling
The Rzeppa joint is what is on the front axel of a front wheel drive car and is also known as a constant velocity joint. They are capable of a wide range of motion and can allow sliding or not.
The gear coupling has a much more limited range of motion but is simpler. They can be very heavy duty and they are almost, but not quite constant velocity.
Kay wrote:
Reply to
TOP