Re: Open Solidworks within Excel

you can do this with SW API and Excel VBA, it is quite easy if you can program a bit.

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

maybe you don't even need to program if it is simple: create a "Design Table" for your part in Excel as described in help under "Creating a Design Table as a Separate Excel File"

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

I would have to do it in Excel because it will be pulling information from another program and then sending that to Solidworks. My main problem though is the programming, since I know very little about it. Do you know of a site that I could go to for API programming, or perhaps a book?

Reply to
MaT