Re: Pentium 3 with Fx5200(128MB) against 1.4 Athelon with Mx440 64

Unless I'm mistaken, all fx5200 gfx cards are AGP 8x, and there are NO P3 motherboards that support this!

Slartibartfast.

hi there ... since i have a tight budget to get my self a good gaming > system .. i need advice weather to use the money on getting an > fx5200(128mb) for my intell P3 1.0Ghz system or to use it for > getting an AMD Athelon system ... > one more thing thats confusing me is that if i dont go for amd ... i > can use that little cash left after fx to increase ram to 512 ... > what should i do ... get a new system and use existing card or get a > new card
Reply to
<Slartibartfast>

FYI, there is a PCI version of the FX5200. Currently $130 at CompUSA.

Ken

Reply to
kema