Re: PhotoWorks Chrome Desktop Rendering

Any hints? Great renderings.

Here they be...

Look for this months issue................................

Mike

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Mike, One of my students wanted to see if she could reproduce your SolidWorks Scooby in Inventor. She had to divide it into pieces and assemble because of bloated file size, but here is her results in chrome.

J.D.

Reply to
JDMATHER

Wow, that is so awesome! Thanks for sharing that. I wish I could be there to check out some of the techniques used and how Inventor does it's surfacing.

It looks like the chrome is reflecting an outdoor type scene. SolidWorks has something similar called 'Real View' and it has been known to reflect a car show and I think a house.

Regards, Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Living proof that she has the wrong software package.

Reply to
Mr. Pickles

You didn't say which one is the wrong software package? Based on your limited view I would bet my money that she can out perform you with either? My goal is for the students to understand modeling. We compare and contrast modeling procedures trying as much as possible to use the exact same procedures in different CAD programs. J.D.

Reply to
JDMATHER

J.D. I wouldnt go so far as to say that Pickles doesnt know what he doing. He has been a SW jockey for quite sometime. Second I think what he was reffering to was the fact that when you look at the rendering quality of the Chrome from both SW and IV....that the SW looks 10 times better. The IV model looks very faceted and sharp. I am not doubting your students skills or what they are capabale of.

On another note, why the side by side comparison between the two? Is for just test purpose or for industry know how? Is there a goal to this?

Reply to
Arthur Y-S