Re: Very newbie question.... Re Relations

it should be the same - draw a centerline across the face of the block, making the endpoints of the centerline coincident with opposite corners of your rectanguar block (or the midpoints of parallel sides - it doesn't matter), then relate your spigot to the midpoint of the centerline.

I have a simple block with an extruded rectangular "spigot" > coming out of one face. I just do not see how to create a > relationship between the "spigot" and the base block to make > sure it is always in the centre of the face. > > I have been through the tutorial and I can see how to do this > if it were a cylindrical "spigot". I would create a centreline on > the base block face and then create a relationship between the > centre of the circle and the midpoint of the centre line. I don't > seem to be able to do this with a rectangle. > > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thanks, > Roy > >
Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Edward, Many thanks for your help. I think I have done it now... I had to create a point for the centre of my spigot first by using two centre lines from each corner. Then it works OK, just like the circle example. If I don't create the point, I do not get offered Midpoints in the Relationship dialog when I select the Base Block centre line and the Spigot centre line. Anyway - OK now... Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Roy, One little hint on how to get Midpoint offered with only 2 centerlines: Right Click the spigot centerline, choose Select Midpoint, hold Ctrl button down and select the block centerline - you will get Midpoint as a choise.

Reply to
zz