Resource Panel

Is there a way of opening SW with the Resource Panel (LH side) defaulting to closed instead of open?

TIA

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Well, I can't find a nice clean way, but there are ways of doing it. I take it you're talking about the "Task Pane".

The obvious is that you could just turn it off, but then it's off and you can't use it.

The next most obvious is that you can just click anywhere as soon as SW opens, and it closes, which seems simple enough.

Third, you could drag the width to zero before closing each time, but then you have to drag it open to use it.

Last, you could just set the registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2005\User Interface \General-Bar-59465\paneWndWidth

value to 0, which does pretty much the same thing as dragging it closed. Have another registry file which opens it, and hook that up to a hotkey and maybe you've got something useful.

Matt

Reply to
matt

Thanks Matt for your reply. I seem to be having problems knowing my left from my right. The 'Resource Panel' I am referring to is on the RIGHT of the screen. Sorry about that.

Pete

Reply to
Pete