SW DWG editor

How do you change the background color in the SW DWG editor?

Stupid Acad, completely ass-backwards mess. Man I had forgotten how much I hated that thing! can't believe how much of my brain is clogged with those arcane commands like :change, list, layer (how many bazillion times have I typed that command) Jeez!

ca

Reply to
clay

For old Cadkey users like myself, there is no forgetting:

Create Line parallel at a distance

all to begin to draw a line...........

jk

Reply to
jk

Tools --> Options--> Display--> color

Aar> How do you change the background color in the SW DWG editor?

Reply to
Aaron

Hey There -

If you are sick of typing that stuff, you could use a key assignment like DWGEeditor.PGP just like the autocad version.

Having to type these more than once ever is needless when the PGP file is so easy to set up and use.

I'll stick with autocad LT for the pure 2D stuff, but dwg editor is nice for those without a pure 2D drafting package - a nice new addition to the SW suite.

Later,

SMA

Reply to
Sean-Michael Adams

Watch out for MTEXT it hasn't been working well between DWGEditor and AutoCAD.

Reply to
CS

My favorite is the lack of origin grips for ordinate dimensions. That's like one of those minor-to-them but major-to-me oversights. I though " no origin grips?! - now how the hell do I validate that all the dims for a given part are on a common UCS?" I found that about 2% were not on the correct UCS, but I could always validate with origin grips. Also since there were no origin grips, I could not easily redefine a zero point with stretch.

This whole thing is strewn with too many of these "close enough" but not really close enough for me to take it really seriously.

I'm glad it's free, but I have no intention of using it or letting it replace the "real deal" anytime soon.

Autodesk hit it right on the head when they started their "100% compatible" campaign a few years back. I actually took the plunge back when visio had the dwg editor for about $300 or so (bought & returned for the above & more), but eventually just bought the $650 version of LT and have been happy with that ever since - it's a perfect fit when

2D drafting is on the menu.

Later,

SMA

Reply to