DWG Editor question

In trying out DWG-Editor for the first time, I was going to add a circle in an existing dwg, and like most entities, it needs to be placed relative to another entity location. The help file mentions that this can be done, but seems very careful to not reveal how to actually do it. Is it practical to actually do some simple 2d drawing in DWG Editor, or is it more realistic to bring the dwg into swx to do some edits? I've never used ACAD, btw.

thanks, bill

Reply to
bill allemann

ACAD relative syntax - place an "@" in front of the paired numbers. example : @2,-3 for an positive 2 in the x and a negative 3 in the y from the last point specified. Then there is the z direction, the third x,y,z and the relative angle - @d In trying out DWG-Editor for the first time, I was going to add a circle

Reply to
Keith Streich

Autocad isn't easy, you have know all the command line syntax and options and how do deal with dimension scales, etc. Its just so many people know it and make it seem easy.

SolidWorks seems to automate the tasks that are manual and take more expertise in Autocad. Of course you have a different kind of expertise to learn in Swx.

Reply to
Jason

Jason are you in the Memphis area?

Reply to