DWG-Editor

Hi

I am stuck with using the DWG-Editor for some of the 2D drawings that my company produces. They are not wanting purchase a license for their ExpertCAD 2D package.

Why I try and do a detail section, I scale the part of the drawing I am wanting to 'blow up', say 2:1. Of course when I go to dimension the detail, the dimensions are doubled up as expected. Is there a command I can use where if I go to dimension the detail it sees the detail as being 1:1?

Thanks David

Reply to
Dave

Why don't you use 3D, and then save as DWG of DXF if you need these formats?

Reply to
Dominic V

David,

The setting is dimlfac If for example, your detail is at 2:1, set dimlfac to 0.5.

Hope this helps, Greg.

Reply to
Greg

If you are dimensioning in modelspace, then if your DIMSCALE variable is set to 0, the text of the dimensions will all appear the same size. This is regardless of your modelview scale.

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
cadcoke3

Greg

Thanks Greg, that's just what I was looking for.

Reply to
Dave

Glad to be of some help. I remembered that from my AutoCAD days :-) Greg.

Reply to
Greg