running function .lsp without AutoCad

Hi How can I run function ".lsp" without running AutoCad? Martin

Reply to
swmar

You lost me.

What are you really trying to do. You can open ACAD through SolidWorks, and possibly run a Lisp Routine You can open ACAD in the background so that the user never sees it running. I don't think you can run a .lsp withouth ACAD. It is called AutoLisp because it is integrated with AutoCAD. You can also do just about anything in ACAD through VBA. You are going to have to be a little more specific.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

IntelliCAD will run most AutoLisp files with minor modifications. You may get an evaluation copy from

, I think it is good for 2 months or more.

Reply to
SammyD

Ok. Sorry for unprecise question. I'm writing You what I must do: I have Autolisp functions which take information about objects of AutoCAD file and write these informaions in txt file. I have instaled AutoCad in my komputer. I want to run this functions without AutoCad. It means that AutoCad can be run in the background, but I and other user can't see that AutoCad is running. How Can I do this? Martin

Reply to
swmar

mabe you should ask this to comp.cad.autocad, not solidworks...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

this will make a session that is already running invisible

Sub AcadInvisible() AcadApplication.Visible = False End Sub

if you pass a File name this will open that file invisibly. Sub AttachToAcadInvisible(OpenDoc As String)'delete between the () to not open a file Set AcadApp = AcadApplication 'delete the next line to not open a file AcadApp.Documents.Open OpenDoc End Sub

'Exit ACAD you may want to do this when done otherwise it stays open until you close windows

Sub CloseInvisibleOrVisibleACAD() AcadApplication.Quit End Sub

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Ok thanks. But maybe you know, how can run Autocad by line comand in DOS? What arguments must I write after acad.exe to open AutoCad without its main window?

Reply to
swmar

DOS what the heck is that? =)

Sorry I am too young to have ever learned DOS. I may know how to change drives or something. I know that it is a blank screen that I find practically useless. If you want to run a VBA macro I could help. AutoLisp I could help. DOS though that is a foreign language. Why don't you write a macro in AutoCAD that would first put AutoCAD in the background and then run your Lisp Routines.

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Check out VeLisp - AutoLISP interpreter with DCL support

ten0s