Save referenced files- Yes of No

I've been plunking away at this for over a year and still don't know this one....

When I'm working on an assy or drawing when I Save it'll ask if I want to save referenced files, it seems to be saving many files I that I haven't edited recently...what's up with that?

What happens if I select NO, when I know any files I have edited have been saved recently? Selecting YES really slows down the process.

confused in Tx

Reply to
whit

I agree that it seems a bit intermittent. I gues sometimes they change because of in-context references even if they really haven't. Although sometimes it doesn't ask. I would say that if you are going to continue to work in the assembly and know that you haven't edited a part say no, because when you exit the assembly you can say yes and no harm done. But really I don't know what is tripping the trigger when you know that you haven't changed anything, I wonder if from SP to SP if it needs to change the files sometimes and considers that enough of a change to need to save. (Speaking out of my A$$)

Hope somebody else actually knows though.

Corey

Reply to
Corey Scheich

I hadn't thought of in-context references. Though we almost never use them anymore, when we were first learning anything was possible and we're still using some of those parts.

Seems to me-- as long as I know I saved the referenced parts I was working on, and save the upper assy I'm OK. Maybe that's for the folks who Edit the part in the assembly, most of the time I open the part and work there. Like you speaking out of my 455.

hmm... Whit

Corey Scheich wrote:

Reply to
whit

Don't worry about it. SolidWorks just likes to ask a lot of questions to annoy you. (Kind of reminds me of a old girl friend I use to date) The programers do it to make sure you are staying awake at the job.

Just say yes, yes, yes, ..... to everything it asks and you'll be just fine.

Jay

Reply to
Jay