Saving drawings and models

Is there any way to get rid of the nagging questions Solidworks asks over and over again? Example: "Some of the models referenced in this document have been modified. They must be saved when the document is saved. Save the document and the referenced models now?" Now, what kind of dumbass question is that? Of couse I want to save the models! That's what is supposed to happen when you "save"! This happens evertime you make a change in an assembly and try to save it. One would think there would be a way to turn off those nagging questions. ~Barry~

Reply to
BarryW

No, you need to be treated like a idiot because SW Corp is selling software to a majority of idiots.

There are a lot of dialog (idiot) boxes I'm sure many of us want to turn off permanently!!

..

BarryW wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

I don't know of a way, but it may not be as stupid as it looks. Say you have opened some file as read-only and looked at some properties. At that point SW thinks you have modified it and if it's called in an assy, and you save the assy, it will try to save the read-only file also. Of course you know you didn't do anything and just want to save the assy you are working on, so you answer "No" to the question. That way it won't prompt you for a location for the read-only file.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

The closest thing is to use PTFB.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

This will do the trick! Goto :

Tools Options System Options External References Check Box second one down Don't Prompt to save read-only reference documents (discard changes)

Enjoy!

Reply to
troubled

It should be smarter than that. If you haven't modified it, it shouldn't think that it has been modified. The situation that annoys me is when you change the displayed configuration it considers the model as changed. Of course this is because an assembly can be told to use the 'last used' configuration for a component. Perhaps someone can give me an example of where such a 'last used' configuration is useful. I have yet to come across one.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley