Scale assembly

I'm looking to scale up a complete assembly. I know you can scale up parts but this assembly has many, many parts to it. I much rather prefer to do it all at once. Thanks

Reply to
idprieto

Have you thought through what you are asking?

Assemblies typically contain fasteners. How are you going to scale them? The same goes for standard power transmission items and other hardware.

The strength of materials also does not scale.

idprieto wrote:

Reply to
TOP

Agreed,

The easiest way to scale all the geometry of an assembly is either to place it on a drawing and use the views to scale it (I don't think that needed to be mentioned but you never know)

Or if you need the geometry to be scaled because you imported an inch assembly and it came in in meter units (Which I have had happen in some cases but it was normally a single item like a bolt or fitting never a whole assembly). Then you are going to have to save the assembly as a part and scale it as a part. If you need it back into an assembly you will have to insert a split feature and save out each body and then RMB on the split feature and create an assembly out of it.

Some questions that would have made for a more clear and precise answer would be

Why do you need to scale an entire assembly?

If it was an import what type, and from what system?

Corey

T> Have you thought through what you are asking?

Reply to
CS