SW2007 media package arrived yesterday

Our IT guys brought the SW2007 media box by yesterday afternoon. I was surprised to find that they included both the CD and DVD version.
They're up to 6 CDs now. The DVD has both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Are there enough people out there that don't have DVD players in their PCs to justify sending out 6 CDs to everyone? I guess SW marketing told them so.
I am disappointed to see that they replaced the printed "what's new" manual with a tablet of fake engineering quartile paper. I liked having the hard copy to read through prior to the install. I know it will be on the disk, but I'm far less inclined to sit and read through it on-screen.
I probably won't install it for production work until January or SP3, whichever comes later. I'll put in on a test machine and see if there are any new features that would be worth the risk to have earlier.
Hopefully I can make a backup copy of the DVD as easy as the CDs. We keep all of our original media in off-site storage so that is an essential step for me. I'd hate to have to use the CDs for install to get around some silly copy protection on the DVD.
MHill
Look inside the CD case for the What's new booklet.
WT

Sure enough. Certainly a step down in breadth from previous manuals, but it does hit the high points.
MHill wrote:

Is there anything that indicates any updating of the SolidWorks and PDMWorks APIs?
Surely you already have your backup copy since SWX have supplied you with 2 sets of media. Keep the DVD for installs, and the cd's offsite for a backup. As for copy-protection on DVD's, it's never stopped me....
John H
We still prefer to install from server. Very handy when installing SP's.
What are the tricks for the administrative image so SW checks the network image and opts the user to update to the latest SP?

We don't use an image. Just copy cd's (dvd) to a share.
With the image, it's my understanding that a link/shortcut will be inserted into each user's Programs>Startup folder. This link which will check to see if a new image is available every time a user logs in.