Rx start without options

This may be us, but I would like some confirmations, please.

Start up SW2007 Rx (has to be 2007 - 2006 is fine) and click on "Click here to launch SolidWorks while bypassing the Tools/Options settings" to do that. Then try to open a new file.

On ours it keeps bringing up the box to set the units. It appears to be stuck in a loop that won't ever let you open a new file in that mode. It doesn't seem to be a SP issue as it behaves the same on 0 or 3.0.

Does anyone else see it? Does anyone else see it that installs straight from the CDs? We do our installations across the network, but trying to figure this out, the next step is to start with a clean machine and install straight from the media, therefore the request. I have checked it on a clean machine with only sp0 on it, and the action is the same, but that install was also from the network.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne, same thing here, except we do individual installs at each machine. It asked for the units, disappeared and did't let me start a new part. It also didn't have my file locations in tools options; I found this out because macros wouldn't run after opening an existing file.

Diego

Reply to
Diego

Confirmed here, same problem stuck in a loop, can't create a new file.

John Layne

John Layne

Same here....swx 2007, sp 2.2

Scott

Reply to
<IYM>

Are these installs each instance with the CDs?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Forgot to add, my install was via the DVD and SP 3.0

John Layne

John Layne

"John Layne" >

Good - thanks - I'll get this new info turned in.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany