Sectioning questions

In a drawing of an assembly I have a shaft that is sectioned and it does not show the object lines. My boss wants me to show the the steps in the shaft. I guess the easyst way to explaine is that I wan to show the shaft as if it was not section.

my second question is on this same assembly I have a bunch of holes where flange mount to the case. How can I show the bolt hole at the top and bottom of the flange and the case in the crosssection with out changing the position of the hole in the assembly

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Ok I figured out how to show the object lines on the shaft but now I need to create a broken out section view on one of the shafts. I read in my SW 03 training manual that a broken out section view can not be created in a section view, is this the case just for the second part or is it for the whole view? I tried to the broken out section view on the shaft but I cant seam to do it.?

Reply to
Nathan Feculak

Nathan,

It sounds like you want to show the shaft not sectioned (this is often the case with nuts, bolts, pins, etc.). If so, RMB on the section view and select Properties... in the properties dialogue box select the Feature Scope... tab, this will show you an empty box for item excluded from the section, to add items to this box simply select them in the section view.

The way that I show staggered holes in a flange is to either put the section line at the appropriate angle to cut thru the holes - I then rotate the resultant section view so it appears as a vertical cut OR I create a 'staggered' section cut (i.e the top half is vertical to the centre then an angled line that cuts thru the lower hole) - then select 'aligned section...' and this will show a section that now shows the lower hole. Note aligned section will only work if there are 2 parts to the section line (i.e. it cannot be a multi staggered line that sections a number of different holes).

HTH

Reply to
Merry Owen