Setting scaled view

How do you save a view orientation?

I can change it (by clicking on new view)

But how can I add it to my standard views as a part of the system view defaults?

So I can access it any model I open.

Reply to
voodoochile

When you hit the spacebar you get the view dialog. Along the top edge of the view dialog is a row of icons. One of these icons is for new view Use this icon to save the current view for later reuse in the same part or in a drawing.

Reply to
TOP

I can add a new view (like you said), but when I start a new drawing the new view I set has gone.

Reply to
voodoochile

After you have added the view to your model view orientation list you can select that view orientation in your drawing.

Make sure the view you are trying to show is a "named" view, not a projection, section or detail of an existing view.

Cadgurus

Reply to
cadguru

Additionally if you are trying to add a view to your model that exists in all models you create:

Add the view as stated earlier to a blank part

Save this blank part as a "template" in a folder of your choice

Make sure the folder is in your templates list in your System options

Make sure you have advanced selected when you create a new model so you can see all template folders

Good luck :)

Cadguru

Reply to
cadguru

Reply to
voodoochile

Open the drawing template your using and create the new view there.

Reply to
Rick Osborn

Good answers, but if you want that view stuffed back into existing model files, you could write it as a macro. If you have never used the number keypad macros that we have available, you should try them as they give you all the iso views, and also the opposites of them, among other things. Go to

read that discussion about them. If they don't create the view that you want, you could create your own macro by starting with one of them and modifying it.

WT

Reply to
WT