Sharing files over the internet

I need to give an access to our files over the internet does anybody have better solution than FTP?

Depends what kind of "sharing" you want to do. How much data are you sharing? Who will be accessing it (public or internal employees only or customers, etc)? What kind of internet connection will the parties have?
You could setup a vpn and remote users could access files on your network.
mr.T wrote:

VPN works quite well but I have found some graphics issues using Remote Desktop in that it does not seem to like OPEN GL and seems to hang, graphically, every once in a while. VNC works as well but the resolution of the image on the client side is pretty poor.
I have actually used my Palm TX and my wireless home network to VPN into my desktop at work and do some minor stuff in SW, open large assemblies, look at drawings etc.
Steve R

You might also look at PDMWorks Enterprise (Conisio) as it has a web client that allows remote locking/unlocking files. But first, you must answer the previous questions to see if this is the correct solution.
WT

Actually I'm thinking VPN, it is overseas connection thru T1 and +/- 3GB of SW files access read only
There is a SolidWorks seat on other end so RDP is unnecessary.
Anybody uses this type of setup?

Sounds like a simple VPN with data mirroring would do the trick then. Once the 3gb of data is mirrored (not that much anyways) you can just run an update a few times a day to keep things in sync. A free mirroring software that I use is called syncback from 2brightsparks. You have to click around to find the free version, but it is there. You can also purchase VPN capable routers for $100 or so. Although if you have a T1 line then I'm guessing you have somebody that can setup someting for you anyways. Good luck!