Shortcut keystrokes?

Hi, I am trying to find a printed list of all of the shortcut keystrokes for

2004 Pro, My VAR tells me, that there is not a list printed anywhere?? My thinking is that if I had a list, I might be able to find new functions that I didn't know existed or even remember, lol. Please feel free to post some shortcuts, for us lowly peasants, who have only just entered the realms of the gods. :-) :-) :-P Thank you
Reply to
Pete Newbie

"Pete Newbie" wrote in news:c63ubg$lfl$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

I've got one posted on my website

go to rules of thumb link, and it's the first one in the list

matt

Reply to
matt

I just sent both of you the hotkeys file I have been maintaining that shows all that are available out of the box, and all that we have added. I also included all the keypad navigation macros, other macros, and my .CUS file that references all of them.

There were some changes for 2004 and those are noted in the listing.

Matt, if you want to post this stuff along with your other stuff, please feel free - we've passed it out enough that most people have already heard about it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Check out page 2-19 of the Solidworks 2004 Reference Guide

Jim

Reply to
jmpeter_nospam.joco,com

I had seen that list in the past, but just took another look at it. You can also get to it in the Help at Keyboard/Shortcuts. It's pretty good, but is missing a few like Ctrl-Y which is "redo" which, by the way, was a question on the CSWP test. It also doesn't have the new Ctrl-8 for "normal-to". There are others.

I also decided to add a few of the standard Windows hotkeys to the list as they had in theirs, so I have updated the file and sent a new copy to Matt - hopefully he will post it. In the meantime email me if you want an updated copy.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Great, there are a lot!! lol

Just one Q, what does F1 do?? Only kidding :) Thank you

Reply to
Pete Newbie

"Pete Newbie" wrote in news:c66f93$bo3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.freedomsurf.net:

It's for increasing the frustration level when you miss the Esc key.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Thanks for the list but you missed a couple:

x = select faces cntrl m = mate diagnostics

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

oops, forgot the x, although I had v for select vertices.

I didn't know about ctrlM. It only has any affect when you're in an assy with mate errors. How did you happen to find this one?

matt

Reply to
matt

Matt, did you take a look at the copy I sent you? Those mentioned were in there, plus more. Is that something you want to post for us?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne:

You've suggested a couple times that I post your stuff on my site. It's good stuff to be sure and my site would certainly benefit from some input from others. Have you thought of getting your own site up and running? It's really not that difficult (I'm no web programmer), and I for one would like to see more of your good stuff.

I actually got a couple of copies of standard hotkey lists that different people had compiled, which started me thinking that I must have left out something obvious, or people wouldn't feel the need to send stuff to me. Your stuff seemed to have a lot of your own personal hotkeys in there, which is great, I love to see how other people set up their hotkeys. There was a thread on that topic some time back, and everyone has a different tactic.

matt

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:c6pgkk$ep9jj$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-201804.news.uni-berlin.de:

Reply to
matt

tools > customize > keyboard click in the "Commands:" selection box, press down arrow every .5 seconds while watching the "Current keys:" box

repeat for every category.

You see I used to have cntrl R assigned to "check sketch for feature" in SW2003 now I'm in SW2004 and I can't find it. I went thru all of them and gave up.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

joe,

I too noticed when I was setting up my initial hotkey on the fresh SW04 install that I couldn't find various shortcuts. What I found was that you will get different commands listed in each of the categories depending on what type of document is active when you clicked tools>customize (part, assembly, drawing). A lot of the commands will cross over from document type to document type and you will see them regardless of the document type that is active. But some do not and will appear missing. Yes, that's right, you have to go through this list of categories and commands 3 times with each document type active in order to see ALL of the shortcuts available. I may be wrong, but I don't remember previous versions being like this.

In your case of not being able to find the "check sketch for feature" shortcut, make sure that a part file is open when you look for this command. That is the only document type that this command would be used in. So that is the document type that must be active in order to see it in the list.

I do wish SW would make setting your shortcut a little easier. I can't think of a reason why they can't make something as simple as a text file or an editable .ini file. Heck, you could even print your shortcut list then.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

Seth,

Thanks for trying, but that didn't help.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

I found it in mine under Tools category, Align group in Commands. Check sketch for feature.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Wayne,

Thanks, I don't know how I missed it.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

Wayne, can I get a copy of your hotkey list?? I've seen all the other published lists, AND have added some of my own, but am curious in what others you may have.. thanks wentz

Reply to
wentz