Assembly speed

Does anybody think it would be nice to have an option showing the time required for the update holders in an assembly to regenerate? Basically a tool like feature statistics for parts. Or is there already a way to do this? You could modify the ones that are the bottleneck to speed up assembly performance.

Greg

Reply to
Greg

Could be added to our RedLight tool

API doesn't give a way to obtain the rebuild time of each component. The tool would have to rebuild the required parts one by one and measure it. How much would you pay ?

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti

I created a program to measure loading time, rebuild time and force rebuild time. Time is measured in ms. Furthermore you can monitor the influence of a changing dimension on the (force) rebuild time. It's in dutch and not yet error-proof. I used it to see if all promises of SWX about speed improvements were correct. Perhaps with enough interest, I'll update it and make it available for download. Otherwise for a small price I can do it.

Regards,

J.J.

Reply to
JJZ

J.J.

Sooooo.... What was the verdict....???

I'm guessing -20 to 25% vs SW2001+ on the same machine.

Regards

Mark

Reply to
MM

I don't know anymore, but i'll test 2005 vs 2004.

Reply to
JJZ