DCC Module Question

Continuing my theme of DCC questions - is there anywhere (on the web probably) where I can find out which module I should use for each particular model? (uk outline). I had a quick look this morning before work at the Lenz site but it just seems to list modules by numbers - which means zilch to me. And what's back EMF? I think it's some kind of feedback but what does it do - and more importantly - do I need it? Must admit the sound aspect of things looks(???) nice but isn't that expensive?

Because of responses to previous DCC questions, I have decided I will go the DCC route (thanks especially to Nick for calming any fears I had), and I will buy new, not as-new (the guarantee side of things hadn't even entered my head) - so thank you to all who has helped me so far.

-- potter55(at)ntlworld.com

Dave Potter

Dave,

I basically use 2 decoders in all my loco fleet and that is the LENZ LE 1025A or LE1025E the 'A' version comes without a plug so goes in my Lima locos the 'E' version comes with a plug and goes into 'DCC ready' locos like Heljan 47, Bachmann 25, 37 etc. Are you coming to the DEMU showcase in June plent of DCC layouts there this year Dyserth Road, Mostyn, Dagworth etc, you can get some hands on experience of DCC.

Nick

Nick Gurney

Cheers Nick - thanks yet again for extremely useful info. That's another 'worry' out of the way. Conversing with you makes DCC seem easier by the day !

Haven't heard anything about that show - but would love to attend if I can. Just hope it's on one of my days off :)

Dave.

-- potter55(at)ntlworld.com

Dave Potter

don't know if this is any help as its geared to decoder installation in UK outline 00 steam locos

Cheers Gene

Reply to
Gene

Forgot to mention, check out John's decoder fitting pages here:

Nick

Nick Gurney

Nick

Are you coming to the DEMU showcase in June plent of DCC layouts there

Have just checked my duty rota and am available so I hope to be able to make it.

Dave.

Reply to
Dave Potter

So do I - except that on the advice of the locals I fitted a TCS M1 in my 8F, into which the Lenz decoders will not fit.

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?