Lenz 'Gold' Series DCC decoders / 'N' Gauge locos

Hi,
I already have a collection of 'OO' gauge locos but have no room for a decent sized layout in this scale, and so I am thinking about getting DCC and creating
an 'N' gauge layout, and I have some questions... About the Lenz DCC system and the decoders - I have seen on their website that they have these new Gold series decoders and that they even work properly even if the track is dirty. Is this true? Anybody got these Lenz Gold series decoders in any scale?
Cheers,
Alistair Gutcher
snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
"Kathleen Proudlove" wrote

I've got a pair of Bachmann 37/0s fitted with HO Gold decoders and they've transformed a pair of sow's ears into silk purses ............... so to speak.
Recommended.
John.
Alistair Gutcher wrote;-

Sounds like excellent stuff John. That sounds like the sort of thing that I am interested in, getting the locos to run the best that it is possible to make them.
In OO, I have a Bachman 25/2 and a 24 and a 42 and a pair of 08's and a Lima 20 and they all run really excellently with my Hornby R965 but when crawling at really slow speeds they sometimes stop dead. I was hoping that DCC uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) so the loco gets full voltage but in pulses and thus I was hoping to eliminate this 'stop dead' effect. Do the Gold series decoders get rid of this problem?
Cheers,
Alistair Gutcher
"Alistair Gutcher" wrote

Lima 20

and
Any decent controller would eliminate your problem. but I'm afraid the Hornby R965 doesn't qualify.
John.