Advanced Design Table Presentation

Ok, well, here it is. A lot of people helped me with the content. The presentation for the local user group has to fit in about an hour, so there is a lot that could have been said that was not said.

Anyway, some example files are included in the download.

Follow the "Rules of Thumb" link. Top link on the page goes to a zip file.

Thanks again.

...new discussion topic to be posted tomorrow.

matt

Reply to
matt

Good stuff. Thanks.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

thank you matt, really good stuff... neil

Reply to
neil

Thanks Matt, very enlightening!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Knutson

Nice, there's a Power Point presentation in there. Good stuffs!

Mike Wilson

Reply to
Mike J. Wilson

Matt,

Very helpful and thought provoking

Question: Outline 10: Don't understand what is meant by "specify intersection of header row with the first column" and why is it important to name the cell "Family" or am I taking this too literally.

Kman

Reply to
Kman

K:

I haven't really played with it enough to understand all the ins and outs, but here's the way I understand it:

Basically, I think I misspoke. It seems that the cell named "Family" isn't necessary at all. I've tried it without that name, and the configurations seem to work. Still, when SW autocreates a DT, the corner cell is named "Family".

If you look in the help, under "Formatting a Design Table", it says that the cell that marks the beginning of the data is named "Family", which by default is A2. I guess "the intersection of the row and the column" isn't a very good way of saying it, but I mean basically the upper left corner of the DT data block.

The help seems to imply that what I wrote is correct, but in practice, it looks like naming the cell is not really necessary.

The thanks for this really belongs to a bunch of people from this ng who responded to my request for information and examples, I just put it in a format I could present at a user group meeting.

Thanks again,

matt

"Kman" wrote in news:3Gkhc.16939$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Reply to
matt

I downloaded it, unzipped it and discovered it's in power point format.

I can't read power point.

Little bits of information just aren't important.

Joe

Reply to
joe(usenews)

Go here and download the FREE pp viewer:

http://t> I downloaded it, unzipped it and discovered it's in power point format. >

Reply to
Gary Knutson