Showing sketches

I have been seeing an issue with SW2007 in that doing a RMB show/hide on a part sketch in the FT of an assy doesn't actually work some/most of the time. I haven't had a chance to really study it, so therefore this sketchy (??ahhh??) post, but it appears that most of the time the only way to make the change is to open the part file and do it on THAT config there. Anyone else have more info on this?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

equally sketchy answer...

Large assembly mode? Are sketches turned off in the View menu? Draft quality views? CtrlQ?

I believe I have run into this before, and in usual fashion, just tried backdoors until something opened. Same thing with sketches on drawings. Of course I have no idea how I got around it.

"if you don't expect too much from me, you might not be let down" - Gin Blossoms

Reply to
matt

No No No No Been there, looked for those. Are you not seeing this at all?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Yes, I believe that I have seen it, and in drawings too, not just assemblies, but somehow it hasn't been a big enough issue to get worried about (meaning I was in a hurry when it happened and didn't have time to mess with "why"). It would be cool if someone tracked it down, certainly worth taking note of.

The only things I've been able to find that prevent sketches from showing in the assy are lightweight parts and the sketches being turned off in View menu.

Sounds like it is happening on configured parts? Is it possible that it happens when the active config is different from the config used in the assy?

You're a PDM user, aren't you? Is it maybe related to read-only status?

Sorry, no answers, just a lot of questions.

Reply to
matt

I just nailed it down and it appears to be a factor of what config is the active one in the part file, and what config it is that I am trying to toggle the visibility of the sketch in the assy. I'll check it out.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

SPR 350977