Sigmund Tolerance Analysis Software

Our company is looking into purchasing the Sigmund tolerance analysis software. Looking for comments from SolidWorks users that have experience with this software. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bigal

the Sugmund software is now under a company called VaraTech. i have been watching this software for 5 years now. we are looking at purchasing 1-2 licenses and training 6-8 people in our next fiscal year. their original product Sigmund 1D was an analysis of 2D entities which has progressed into the latest product which handles the 3D environment. i may be worng but it looked like this current product is a 2D analysis on a 3D plane. this will support most of our needs in this company. others may need to analize a true 3D product. we have a planarization issue on a 3 point contact that we originally looked at this product to evaluate. of course this was not how the product was to be applied. anyway contact varatech for a web showing of their software, they did this for us. they will also do consulting work so you can evaluate if the results will work for your needs. we plan on doing this over the next few months to evaluate our applicability before we pull out the wallet. price, yes it is not cheep, you will probably need to spend 10K or more to get software and training. this is why we are going down the consulting road first. i have not quoted first analysis yet, hoping for it to be around 1-2K maximum for consulting costs. hope that this helps. iQ

Reply to
iQ