Tolerance Analysis Software

Has anyone tried using low-cost tolerance analysis software? The ones I have found are MITCalc and ToleranceCalc. Varyx is another one that showed up on the radar, but I can't get a straight answer as to the price.

My client is considering getting the SigmundWorks package, but I think it will probably be overkill. Any comments or suggestions?

Reply to
BW

I don't know anything about those other packages, but at SWW2006 they told us about the Tolerance Wizard in SW2007. If you can wait, you might take a look then and find that does what you desire. If you can't, you might find a buddy running the 2007 beta and see for yourself what it does.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Thanks. I do have someone checking out the 2007 beta to find out about the tolerance wiz. There isn't much chatter about other programs except SigmundWorks - which is expensive.

Reply to
BW

you can't get much cheaper than free:

on the "free tolerance spreadsheet" link

Reply to
ms

Thanks a bunch! I'll check it out tomorrow.

Reply to
BW