SolidWorks Explorer 2007 sp5 installation error Internal Error 2756. SHORTCUTPATH

While attempting to upgrade SolidWorks Explorer 2007 SP1.1 to SP5, I get the following Error Message Box:

Internal Error 2756. SHORTCUTPATH

What is causing this error? How do I get SolidWorks Explorer 2007 to upgrade to SP5?

I've now seen this error occur on two machines.

I'm a newbie.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Jim Strenk

Un-install SolidWorks Explorer only, then re-install SolidWorks Explorer but do not use the installation manager. Where ever your downloads where saved for the install will be a SolidWorks Explorer folder that you can do the install from. Or you can go to the SolidWorks website and download just SolidWorks Explorer from the customer portal.

This is an error in the install that will happen on all of your machines.... :-(

Cheers,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood

Thanks Anna for the quick reply. It is appreciated! I shall give your suggestion a try later today when I return to work.

Again, thank you for your able assistance.

Reply to
Jim Strenk