Solidworks Routing

Hey everyone, I am looking for resources on how to work with the routing add-in. Does anybody have some good sites or books on how to do this? I'm needing a quick reference and some how-to help. I have to do a presentation on the possible benefits (if there are any) of Solidworks and I was hoping the routing add-in would be a good starting point.

Thanks for the help Nathan

Reply to
Yeah

any luck. we are looking into the routing package to do wiring harness type applications. i would be interested in any books as well.

Reply to
3d

I have been using routed systems with sw2004, or i should say it has been installed for a while. It worked for about a week. Now it crashes all three three machines consistently. The problem appears to have started when i created a custom flange instead of using one of the 3 provided by solidworks. i was not able to get the flange to work nor was our VAR. i removed my custom flange. i did a complete reinstall along with a registry cleanout and routing worked long enough to create a couple of routes but soon started to crash again. Shortly after the crashes occured we recieved our new dell boxes and with clean installs and it still did not work.

SW2004 Sp1.0

2.8Ghz 2GB ram Fire GLX1 Pro Cliff
Reply to
Cliff

Cliff, So what did you do? Uninstall? Is the VAR following up? I am responsible for evaluating the pkg to see if it can do what we need it to do. If it is buggy and unstable I will jut continue to use 3D sketches and half the week up running wires. What are your alternative to the routing pkg? Thanks.

Reply to
3d