silkscreening

How does everyone document silkscreening on a part. In the past I've extruded the silkscreen but my current label are more complicated. I was hoping there was some way to make the rendered image a view. Any help would be great

Vizach SolidWorks 2005 sp3.1

Reply to
vizach

In model, I create a small cut (.001") to represent silkscreen location & size (typically rectangle, refer to jpeg shape). This cut will aid in placing basic location and size dimensional requirements in drawing. In the drawing, attach jpeg(s) of art work. Size and place accordingly over cut (acad does this extremely well). Reference jpeg image(s) to corresponding silk-screen part number(s).

Most silk-screeners have no real need for a rendered model. They typically want a "postscript" type file. The drawing just helps with quoting and basic inspection.

The inability to locate images & text accruately in drawings is a major complaint of mine.

Reply to
remy martin

The emboss feature is good for this and will work on curved surfaces.

Reply to
TOP

For basic text, yes. For artwork with even the slightest hint of complexity, I would bypass this method (it's almost too slow for basic text). Pad printing is another beast in my book (things that are difficult to represent via a sw drawing).

Reply to
remy martin

Cutting or extruding the text/graphics is very time consuming and produces large files. On top of that we have to do the whole thing again in CorelDraw to produce films for the screens. Then the graphics needs altering so its off through the two prcesses again, all very frustrating. What we need is the ability to accurately position a bitmap on the model. This bitmap MUST support transparency.

Reply to
Pete