Question for PDMWorks Users

In SolidWorks, document hierarchy goes like this:

Assy Drawing Assembly Part

In PDMWorks, document hierarchy is the same for "Where Used" search purposes (Where Used always looks up the tree, References always looks down the tree), but it is displayed like this in the Vault window:

Assembly Assy Drawing Part

If you check non-SW documents into the vault, such as a Photoworks rendering, when you check it in, you can only make the non-SW doc the top level (Where Used hierarchy):

Photoworks rendering jpg SW part/assy that was rendered

But the relationship is displayed in the vault like this

SW part/assy that was rendered Photoworks rendering jpg

Is anyone other than me confused by this? The vault data seems to be organized visually one way, and a different way for Where Used / References searches.

If this doesn't make sense to you, how would you like to see it?

matt

Reply to
matt

Hi Matt,

I think of it this way and it helps me keep it straight:

Photoworks jpg is generated by SW part/assy.

SW part/assy generated Photoworks jpg.

So the Where Used command is listing the sources for a document while the Vault is displaying the dependences. Therefore the order is reversed and a bit confusing.

Hope this helps, Shandon

Reply to
Shandon