strange sketch behavior

I'm using sw2006sp5.x on one machine, and since the prior usage a couple days back, it suddenly refuses to do an extrude. No matter what the sketch contains, instead of the preview of the extrusion while it waits for input of the extrude amount, a msg is displayed "This operation requires a fully defined sketch". An old sldprt loads and looks OK, but extruding any sketch in a new sldprt is disabled. I imported an old copy of the settings and it fixed the problem, so I'm thinking something in the registry corrupted since the last time swx was used. Any idea if a legitimate system option could cause this, or would it more likely be a mystery corruption thing?

thanks, bill

Reply to
bill allemann

I've seen this when fully defined sketches is checked in the options and I accidently have a small line or sketch entity drawn by mistake. Select areas using a window which will not select your good sketch, but will select areas where small entities could hide. If endpoints are selected and deleted, the extrusion then previews and works fine.

Keith

Reply to
Keith Streich